The National Association of Women Lawyers ("NAWL") is pleased to partner with Prudential Financial, Inc. to provide a meaningful summer internship opportunity for a highly-motivated first-year law student. Through this partnership, NAWL will select one student to join the 2015 summer law intern class at Prudential for a 10-week internship at Prudential's New Jersey/New York offices. Prudential and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers and are committed to diversity in our workforce.
The summer internship will provide interns with the opportunity to work with attorneys who support the broad reach of Prudential's businesses. Other features of the summer internship program include:
- Paid attendance at the 1L The Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Scholars Summit in Dallas on May 28-30, 2015
- Participation in training programs presented by Prudential attorneys highlighting different areas of the business and the legal department
- Pairing with an attorney who will serve as a manager during the program and will provide guidance on projects
- Pairing with a mentor who will serve as an additional advisor on resume review, interviewing, skill development, networking, and other individual needs
- Practice interviews and presentations, as well as shadow attorneys on various projects
- Opportunities to interview with selected local firms for potential 2L internships
The 1L summer internship will run 10 weeks from May 26, 2015 through August 7, 2015. Interns will be paid a stipend of approximately $10,000, which shall accrue and be paid on an hourly basis.
- Be members of the National Association of Women Lawyers (join now)
- Be enrolled at an ABA-accredited law school and have successfully completed the first year of law school with a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Be scheduled for graduation in spring 2017 (full-time students) or spring 2018 (part-time students)
- Be eligible to work in the United States
Other Application Notes
- The National Association of Women Lawyers may conduct telephonic interviews on or before February 13th, 2015
- Prudential has the discretion to conduct telephonic informational interviews; which would occur during early April.
- Prudential also has the discretion to invite a candidate for a face-to-face interview, but it may choose not to do so. If selected for an interview, candidates will be reimbursed for economy US domestic travel and one night hotel stay, if applicable, per Prudential's travel reimbursement policy.
- Prudential does not hire interns for part time or full time employment after the summer
- The ideal applicant will have financial or business-related experience or interest. Interns not local to New Jersey/New York will be responsible for their own housing and transportation to and from Prudential's offices.
- Some assignments may be in offices not readily accessible by mass transportation.
How to Apply
To apply, you must submit a cover letter, resume, a list of three references, and a copy of your transcript. You may apply via email or mail, email is preferred. Please write "Prudential Internship" in the subject line of all correspondence. All materials must be received by 5:00 p.m. CST on January 23, 2015. Finalists shall be selected and notified on or before February 14, 2015.
The National Association of Women Lawyers
Attn: Liz Stuewe
American Bar Center
321 N. Clark Street, MS 19.1
Chicago, Illinois 60654