Top 5 Reasons to Go to 2020 Annual Meeting
- Get inspired. A century ago, NAWL members played an active role in getting the 19th Amendment ratified, and this year’s annual meeting program will examine the legacy left by those activists, as well as other NAWL members and women lawyers who continued and continue, the fight for women’s equality under the law, including the Equal Rights Amendment and equal pay. Join us in celebrating the legacy left to us by these amazing activists and lawyers, as we also explore the future and the and work still to be done by our current and next generations of Americans, attorneys, and women.
- Learn from the Experts. NAWL’s annual conference offers a timely and relevant program with industry-leading experts presenting and leading discussions on how we can navigate through crises and uncertain times, and lead on issues of sexual harassment and diversity. Join us in learning how we embrace this moment and emerge changed and better positioned than before.
- Meet attorneys from all across the country. Due to social distancing and other pandemic restrictions, networking has been significantly altered. However, join us for the annual meeting and participate in virtual social networking! You will have the opportunity to "meet" attorneys from all across the country who participate in diverse practice areas. The annual meeting will allow for plenty of opportunities to connect with attorneys possibly in your local area or assist you in making contacts with those in your practice field nationwide. Let's meet up!
- Get high-quality, affordable CLE from the comfort of your own home. Every year, the NAWL Annual Conference provides informative, unique, thought-provoking CLE programming. This year is no exception. Given the WFH environment, however, NAWL is able to offer its usual stellar content for a fraction of the price. The pandemic hasn’t changed the need for CLE credit, so get the credit, get inspired … and do so in your pajamas if you so desire!
- Change gears. These days, it is even harder to take a break from the pressing work that commands your attention – from your clients, your colleagues, and family members. It may feel hard to step back and widen the aperture and reflect on the role of women in the law and broaden our legal horizons. Attending NAWL’s Annual Meeting has always been an amazing way to refocus on issues that matter to us more broadly as attorneys and legal professionals. This year, give yourself the gift of a change in perspective and commune with your peers, celebrate 100 years of suffrage, and think about fresh angles relevant to women in the law today.